Warning Journey Goers – this post is definitely on the woo-woo, spiritalesque side of things. But honestly, what post on here isn’t, so no need to be alarmed.
Here’s the deal…. On September 22 or in four days, we will experience the
Yes, I know, it’s not a common term to be throwing around, but if you’re into this yoga, work on your life, want to live your journey thing, then we’ve got to be in tune with Mother Nature. After all, she is the most powerful, beautiful, boss babe there is.
So what is the Fall Equinox and why should you care about it?
- It symbolizes the transition from a time of fruitfulness (Summer) to harvest (Fall).
- On this day, the entire world experiences a moment of balance and equanimity. Pretty cool, yeah?
- It’s a time for reflection, introspection, letting go, and and resetting for the months ahead.
Related: How to Welcome the Fall Equinox
Essentially, the Fall Equinox is an opportunity to reflect on the year thus far and set positive intentions for the rest of the year ahead. If you’re a frequent journey goer, then you know I love me some goal setting + reflecting, so it should be no surprise that we’re celebrating this time of year.
And to celebrate, I’ve created a strong yet soft sequence that focuses on drawing inward, practicing balance, tapping into the breath, and moving with fluidity and ease. In addition, below is a guided journaling sesh with a series of questions for you to contemplate as the transition into Fall and Winter begins.
For the guided journal sesh, I recommend having a journal/notebook/online journal nearby as the questions will draw forth emotions, thoughts and new ideas. Take as much time as you need here, but do carve out unplugged, quiet time for you to get it done!
- What have you achieved this year?
- Who has helped you with these achievements and how can you thank them?
- What positive habits have you cultivated?
- What negative habits have you cultivated?
- How can you invite in more positive experiences and release the negative experiences?
- Where do you need more balance?
- How can you transition into a state of balance?
- What do you want to accomplish as the year ends?
Once you move through all of the above questions, create a system to keep you + your goals and reflections engaged. This will look different for everyone, but a few ideas are – a goal jar (see my idea here), a chalkboard reminder, a sticky note on your desk, revisiting your journal on a weekly or monthly basis, or anything that works for YOU.
What do you think?
Do you kinda dig/maybe really love this woo-oo, spiritualesque type stuff? Can you recognize why it’s important to practice alongside Mother Nature’s transitions?
I have to be frank with you, I’m not the best at transitioning alongside Mother Nature, but I am highly intrigued in moon cycles and seasonal shifts.
Until next time, xoxo.
Hey! I’m Allie.
I’m a self-growth student, freedom-seeker, yoga teacher and the founder of a tight-knit online yoga community: the Body Mind Soul Studio. I’m here to teach you how to transform your life on-and-off-the-mat with a holistic yoga practice.
I wanna learn it all!
The Yoga Reset Guide is my FREE 7-step journey to deepen your practice and recenter your body, mind and soul. Self-paced, no equipment necessary, perfect for beginners AND veteran yogis.