Welcome to your bedtime yoga sequence to create a deeper, more relaxed, super enjoyable, wake up feeling like a badass sleep.
Please put your pajamas on, brush your teeth, wash your face, grab a glass of water, and get yourself in bed…
For this sequence – all you need is your beautiful self, a bed, and a pillow.
I also recommend lighting a candle or burning some incense, playing some relaxing tunes, dimming the lights, and using any of the below props to make your experience that much better. Because let’s be real – setting the tone is just as important as the actual tone.
Before you scroll any further, let’s pause for a moment.
And now, back to creating that ambience and getting ready for bed.
Helpful Bedtime Yoga Props:
- Bolster – if not wanting to use a pillow
- A blanket – for that extra cushion
- Incense holder + incense sticks
- Aromatherapy oil diffuser + relaxing oils
- Lavender eye pillow for the sweetest savasana
- Bedtime yoga pants from buddhapants.com
1. Supta Baddha Konasana + Pillow
- Place the pillow directly behind you in a vertical position. Make sure the pillow is connected to the low back.
- Lower yourself down over the pillow, bring the soles of the feet together, and the let the knees open wide.
- The arms can rest on your hips, your stomach, your heart, or out to your sides.
- Let everything soften here – feel free to stay for as long as your heart desires.
2. Seated Cat + Cow
- Place the pillow directly under your seat and slide your booty to the edge of it.
- Bring your legs into a cross-legged position and interlace the hands behind the head.
- On an inhale breath – lengthen up, open the elbows wide, expand across your chest, and let the head drop slightly back.
- On an exhale breath – round the body, magnetize elbows in towards one another, and gently hug the belly in.
- Repeat this movement for 5-10 breaths.
3. Neck stretches
- Come into your cross-legged position, using the pillow underneath your seat to gently prop you up.
- Drop the right ear towards the right shoulder, extend the left hand out to your side, and bring your right hand overhead and rest it as shown in the photo.
- Feel free to explore the direction of the gaze here, move slowly and with care, and be sure to send the breath to the neck region.
- Stay for 5-10 breaths, then switch sides.
4. Legs Up the Wall
- Find a wall, your headboard, or possibly use the ground if necessary.
- Place the pillow against the wall and maneuver your body so that your butt and backs of the legs are connected to the surface. The easiest way to do this is – start with your side pressed up against the wall, then windmill your legs up as you lie down. Voila!
- The hands can rest out to your sides, on your belly, overhead, or wherever is comfortable.
- Stay here for 5 minutes, do nothing, relax, and surrender to the posture.
5. Upavista + Wall
- From the previous posture, simply spread the legs wide while keeping contact with the wall.
- Stay here for 1-5 minutes, depending on your flexibility and how restorative you’d like to make the practice.
6. Supine Twist
- Start lying on your back, bend the knees and plant your feet into the bed, then bring the arms into a T shape.
- Let the knees spill over to the left side and breathe into the right side body – make space!
- Stay for a minute.
- Inhale the knees back through center and repeat on the opposite side.
7. Childs Pose + Pillow
- Spread the knees wide, bring big toes together to touch, and soften your chest over a pillow.
- The arms can rest towards your hips or by your sides – whatever is more comfortable for you.
- Your only job here is to soften – the shoulders, back, belly, hips – LET IT ALL GO!
- Stay for at least a minute.
I won’t keep you too long, it’s time for bed.
But I did want to tell you…
Until next time – xoxo.
Hey! I’m Allie.
I’m a self-growth student, freedom-seeker, yoga teacher and the founder of a tight-knit online yoga community: the Body Mind Soul Studio. I’m here to teach you how to transform your life on-and-off-the-mat with a holistic yoga practice.
I wanna learn it all!
The Yoga Reset Guide is my FREE 7-step journey to deepen your practice and recenter your body, mind and soul. Self-paced, no equipment necessary, perfect for beginners AND veteran yogis.